0.8.5 - Difficulty setting, two more stages improved
Highlights are the new difficulty setting (Normal or Hard) and improved stages 4 (underground lab) and 5 (highway). Although I was hoping to get to work on stage 6 (capital city), it’s about time for a new version. Unfortunately, the caravan stage is quite broken and has been disabled for this release.
- Added an easier Normal difficulty. The original difficulty is Hard. This setting affects only the campaign stages.
- Added option to adjust the analog deadzone.
- Added option to skip the dialogue before and after bosses.
- Player movement with the controller is now assigned to both Left Stick and D-pad and is no longer configurable.
- Player can no longer move faster than maximum speed by pressing directions on multiple controllers.
- Stage 4
- More new monstergirl sprites by Snow Rose, bringing their style closer to the other characters.
- Increased bonuses for rescuing prisoners.
- Add more enemies, especially in the hypnotists’ section to eliminate dead air.
- Demonsterizer tubes take more damage, but have a machine behind them which is their weak point.
- Boss is more mobile and calls up columns of lava in the second half of the fight.
- Stage 5
- Many adjustments to boss fight to make it more fair and rewarding.
- Adjust colors of road tiles and city shield tiles for better bullet visibility.
- Enemies consider their bullets’ gravity so they can face the player and fire at her properly.
- When assaulting enemies at max power, your companions now spread out instead of bunching together.
- The number of reserve companions is capped at 20. Any more will give a 5000 point bonus.
- Redone menus. Flash outline around selected menu item and play sound on activating it.
- Bonus tally at the end of a level is sped up to ensure they finish before exiting the level.
- Reduce blur on drunk title screen so instructions are more readable.
- Testing out a new gradient background behind game viewport.
- Fixed enemy not dropping their heart when defeated off the top of the screen.
- Fixed occasional juddering of player and other sprites that move with the camera. (was more apparent with resolution setting at 1x)
- Fixed the pause menu being affected by the drunk blur shader.
- Fixed the bullet origin of exploding land mines.
- Fixed hole in empty cauldron sprite.
- Fixed hypnotists emitting particles in the wrong direction.
- Fixed mounted enemies in stage 5 sometimes riding on nothing.
- Fixed camera moving the wrong way when starting stage 6 at the checkpoint.
- Fixed unchanged Windows exe icon.
- Reduced comic book filesize by half and removed some unnecessary lines.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.