0.7.3 - new powerup system, saving progress
- The powerup system has been redone to be clearer and give a better sense of progression.
- Level 0 (0-9 blue hearts): single shot
- Level 1 (10-29): dual shot
- Level 2 (30-59): wingmen collect hearts
- Level 3 (60-99): autocollect all onscreen hearts
- Max Level (100): wingmen assault enemies
- Wingmen can take damage when collecting or assaulting. Hold secondary fire to pull them back to safety. This is the reverse of the original behavior.
- Some enemies’ health reduced to make stages 4 and 5 easier to start on with the new system.
- On mobile devices the primary fire is always on so the wingmen abilities will work.
- Wingmen’s formation in secondary fire was tightened.
- The game now saves a progress file. For now, it unlocks all stages in the game. But starting some time between version 0.9 and 1.0, new save files will have only the tutorial and stage 1 available.
- Heavy militiaman (shield guy) gets his own bullets to distinguish them from pikeman’s.
- Attract mode shouldn’t bring up pause menu on focus loss.
- Touching the touchscreen should end attract mode.
- Fix minor annoyances in tutorial.
- Specify how exactly to lock onto enemy (mark with one of your targeting lasers).
- Fix a way the player could get the bomb too early.
- When firing wasn’t allowed, targeting laser could be used to make annoying beeps without doing anything.
- Fix title screen timing out to attract mode even after you pressed start.
- Fix some upside-down sprites in stage 4.
- The game has been migrated from LÖVE 0.10 to LÖVE 11, taking advantage of a number of fixes and optimizations.
Stage 7 WIP
Hwacha (arrow cart)
Pouring hot oil
All art for the prologue comic has been completed by Cleo-san.
When the game is at or near content-complete, the comic will be released free in digital form. Print copies will be free giveaways at events as well as sold online.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.